Police review fresh Harris claims
Police are considering fresh allegations against Rolf Harris after he was convicted of indecently assaulting four girls.
The disgraced entertainer was found guilty on Monday of 12 counts of indecent assault in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
Some of those he abused were as young as seven or eight.
Dozens more of 84-year-old Harris's alleged victims came forward during the trial, some from his native Australia.
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said he was "gutted and dismayed" by the conviction.
Mr Abbot told Australia's ABC radio sexual abuse was "an utterly abhorrent crime" and added: "It's just sad and tragic that this person, who was widely admired, seems to have been a perpetrator."
Tributes to Perth-born Harris in Western Australia could now be removed, the city's mayor Lisa Scaffidi said.
During his trial prosecutors said Harris was a "Jekyll and Hyde" character who took advantage of his fame.
The judge, Mr Justice Sweeney, said a custodial term would be "uppermost in the court's mind" when sentence was delivered on Friday, but he wanted to see a medical report before passing sentence.
The verdict was greeted on the front page of the Sydney Morning Herald with a full-page mugshot beneath a one-word "Guilty" headline.
The central allegation concerned a friend of Harris's daughter who he had groomed and molested from the age of 13 until she was 19.
His other victims were touched or groped, sometimes at his public appearances.
Six other women also told the court about indecent assaults Harris had carried out against them. The entertainer was not prosecuted over those incidents but the evidence was introduced by the prosecution as an added illustration of his behaviour.
Harris, from Bray, Berkshire, was first questioned in November 2012 in Scotland Yard's Operation Yewtree investigation set up in the wake of sexual abuse allegations against the late BBC Radio 1 DJ Jimmy Savile.
Although his arrest was unconnected to Savile's offending, the publicity surrounding that case had prompted the friend of Harris's daughter to come forward.
Harris was not initially named by the police or identified in the mainstream media until a few weeks after his arrest in March 2013.
The other women who gave evidence in court contacted police after Harris's arrest was made public and he was charged in August of that year.
One of his victims, Tonya Lee, 43, said the abuse had led her to contemplate taking her own life.
The mother-of-three said: "To this day I can't go to sleep without lying in a lounge and having the TV on. I cannot lie in a room and try and sit with my thoughts and go to sleep."
Letitia Fitzpatrick, who gave a character reference for the prosecution about an alleged assault, told the BBC: "It was such an unpleasant experience that I just wanted to forget about it and move on and not really think about it again."
Meanwhile it has emerged that Harris fronted a child protection awareness video in the 1980s in which he was filmed telling children how to say no to predatory adults.
John Cameron - head of child protection at the NSPCC - told BBC Breakfast: "The audacity of the man is beyond belief.
"Here he was, giving this pretence that he had children's welfare at heart, but of course behind the scenes, in front of many people, he was abusing children on a regular basis."
The charity says calls to its helpline were up by a third on Monday.
It says it has received 28 calls about Harris, including 13 people who said they had been abused by him.
Speaking after the entertainer was convicted, Det Ch Insp Mick Orchard, said: "I want to thank the women who came forward for their bravery, I hope today's guilty verdict will give them closure and help them to begin to move on with their lives.
"Today's case and verdict once again shows that we will always listen to, and investigate allegations regardless of the time frame or those involved."
And a Met spokesman added the force had "received a number of allegations and these are now being considered".
Harris was a mainstay of family entertainment in Britain and his native Australia for more than 50 years. He arrived in London in 1952, becoming a fixture on TV screens as a children's entertainer, songwriter, and entertainer, on the BBC and other networks.
He is to be stripped of his British Academy of Film and Television Arts fellowship, which was awarded just two years ago, a Bafta spokesman said.
Harris, who began his career as an artist, painted a portrait of the Queen to mark her 80th Birthday in 2006.